Friday, May 6, 2011

What motivates you to exercise?

For a lot of people motivation could come in many different forms. but let's face it, most people when they exercise want to see the number on the bathroom scale go down. Yes, everyone usually picks a particular weight they want to get to and usually expect it to happen overnight.

It has been my experience in P90x/Insanity that initially the first week or two of exercise after being inactive before hand, you are likely to see a 5-10 pound weight drop. But after that it more than likely will slow down considerably, to even in some cases gaining a little weight.

Don't get discouraged when the scale stops moving. In time you will get to where you want to be. Go on YouTube and just google P90x or Insanity transformations and you will see what can happen if you stick with it.

I say when the scale stops moving start looking for other signs. Namely, losing inches around your waist, muscles starting to look more defined. Remember, muscle weighs more than fat and you will be gaining muscle. That's why I think some people's weight loss may plateau or actually gain a little.

If you take a lot of supplements: protein, creatine, NO pre workout etc. That right there will keep you from losing a lot of weight.

Let's just say that you can get your body to look the way you want. It just may not be at the weight you thought you needed to get to! I'm starting to see major results and I am at 160 pounds and when I started about seven or eight months ago I thought I needed to get down to 145 or 150 to get ripped. I still have a LONG way to go though.

Just keep pushing play! Dig Deep!


No comments:

Post a Comment