Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Insanity: Cardio Power and Resistance done

All I can say is, wow. Cardio Power and Resistance is a super intense cardio/plyometric workout and it even adds some muscle building via different styles of push ups.  Again, as with most Insanity workouts, the warm up takes forever and is freaking exhausting. The good news is that by the time you are done with the warm up the actual workout itself is only like 20 to 25 minutes usually. The bad news is that your heart rate is crazy high and you are exhausted after the warm up.

I bought a continuous hear monitor so I could monitor my heart rate during the workout to make sure I was in the fat burning zone. It even beeps and lets you know when you are below or above the suggested zone for your particular age and weight. It set me back like 50 bucks but I think it is invaluable tool to get the most out of your cardio. Cause if your heart rate is to high your not burning fat, if its to low your not doing much of anything.

This was the first time I have done this workout so usually the first 10 to 15 seconds of each exercise I had to wait and see what the exercise was since I had not done a lot of them before. There really isn't anything super different about this workout then plyometric cardio circuit. This one just adds some push ups along with the jumping and running.

All in all it is a great workout and I burned 674 calories in 45 minutes so it works you.  Shaun T from Insanity really does a great job of keeping you motivated. It's funny actually, because almost every time I was like, "ok, I'm going to die. I need to take a break." He would pop up and be like "COME ON DIG DEEP! YOU CAN DO IT!! JUST 20 MORE SECONDS!!!" I know it sounds corny but you will see what I mean if you ever start Insanity.

Today's workout is P90x Back and Biceps and Insanity Cardio Abs.  So I will let you know how it goes later.

No comments:

Post a Comment